Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Barn

Spent a several days over the last two weeks working on a 13' x 36' loafing shed for my sister, Theresa, in Cheyenne. She is hoping to get some horses next spring for the family.

The barn will go just to the right of the Skid-Steer.
All the materials needed to build the barn and an 8' x 8' chicken coop.
All the holes dug and string layed out to tell me where the posts go. The holes are all 18" wide and 4' deep. Done with an auger on the Cat.
Posts all set and braced.
All the 2x4s and such set and ready for the metal.
Almost done, still needs some trim over the exposed wood on top.

Barn with her house in the back ground.
I also had to put up about 150' of fence. Here is the 9" auger. It truly makes life easy.
In all, the fence was under 5 hours to set and the barn was about 60 hours. Pretty much all by myself. I had about 4 hours of help from Theresa and 2 hours from Mike and a few hit and miss from the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment