Monday, November 9, 2009

Snow

So, the southern Denver area got about 28" of snow just before Halloween. We were able to measure 22" in the table in Pam's backyard. Of course, Pam had to bury me in the snow.
Then I took a bunch of trashcans full of snow and stacked it up to build something. But at this point I still wasn't sure where it was going. I got about 12 cans into it and went in for dinner and didn't come back for 2 days.

Just after playing in the snow I went out to verify the snow depth...barefoot! I think this was the 22".
Then I had to go skiing, of course. Here I ducked the rope as usual for the better snow. This was at Loveland.

I was up there with Jay.

Then I came back to work more on my statue. This was Halloween afternoon and I figured with the warming weather and the holiday that night, I might as well turn my mound of snow into a Pumpkin. I think I put in a total of 4 hours.
Makin' Bacon!
Then I put candles in it for the evening.
Then, of course, we had to add gas. This was largely due to Jeff's prompting. But I think it only took one nudge and I was all over it. I did manage to burn some of the hair off my hand in the process, but nothing major. It was as fun as it looks.
Then after all the gas, probably about a gallon or so, it looked a little long in the face.
And by mid afternoon the next day the neighbor kids were putting it to its grave.
Then about a week later most of the snow was gone in town so Jeff and I headed up to do some riding. We quickly found that it wasn't as warm at the trails as it was in town.



Jeff, stuck and pushing it backward.Finally, making it thru.


Some parts of the trail were fine, no snow. Lots of mud and water. Some parts had 12" of snow still on them. Here my bike could stand up on it own.
And, as to be expected of someone on a 4-wheeler, no matter how cold it is out, they will still play in the mud holes.
Stepping off the trail, I found it up to my knees.

We did find some dry rocks to play on.

Walking speed...in 2nd gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment