Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day with Aurora SWAT

Last week Friday I had a chance to go to a SWAT demonstration where they let us shoot a bunch of their guns and ride in their armored car and see their training facilities. A friend of mine bought this demo day at a charity fund raiser event and I got to tag along.

They had their K9 drug sniffer and bomb sniffer dogs there. They offered us the opportunity to put on the suit and let the dog attack us. Of course, I had to get a part of this. It was pretty cool to see and try it, but the darn dog let go of my arm and then took a good nip at my leg. It didn't get thru my jeans, but it did bite hard enough to tear the skin and cause bleeding, so they made me go to the ER with them and get it cleaned properly and get a tetanus shot.

Below we have the video of the dog attack and the quick bite at the end. Sorry, you will have to turn your head sideways to watch it. I don't video edit and there is no easy fix that I know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment