Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trip to Colorado Springs

After selling my old Blur LT last month, I finally got a new one. I test rode about 6 bikes and finally came back to what I knew I would probably end up with after all, the new version of the Blur LT. The bike feels super comfortable for my type of riding and super tight, especially after my old worn out bike. The bike feels perfect to me, so I don't even notice the frame much, but what I do notice the most is the wheels. I finally have a nice wheel set, Mavic 819 laced to Hadley hubs. They are so light, I can just roll forever. Pam kept pedalling along and I could just pump the bike and coast with ease. It was a sweet discovery. I finally realized how Devin was able to just coast when I had to pedal so much on our old rides. He had a pretty good secret that he wasn't even trying to keep secret, I was just to cheap to invest in it then. The next thing that I loved about the bike...was the adjustable height seat post. It was super sweet, totally worth the extra weight.

Me and Pam headed down to Colorado Springs to say with Deb and Pat. We were able to get a 2 hour ride on Friday and Saturday, and an hour in on Sunday. It was a great weekend.
Pam at Palmer Park.


Testing out my wheel build on a small drop.


Finding the flow of the trail side features.


Saturday we woke up to a misty 37 degree morning. After stalling around as much as possible, we headed up to Waldo Canyon. It was a bit warmer by then and not misting anymore, but it was pretty foggy.
Riding in the clouds.



I had to borrow a sweet hat from Deb to keep my head warm. I was expecting warm and sunny all weekend. I definitely found something otherwise.

Pam dressed for warmth.


Lost in the clouds.



The fire danger in Colorado is either High or Extreme, even in the rain they still seem to rank it as High.

Sunday we snuck in an hour at Mt. Hermon before the rain started falling.













1 comment:

  1. So disappointed. You should have got a Shova.

    ReplyDelete