Thursday, May 14, 2009

Local DH

So I finally got hooked up with some local DH riders here. I posted up on mtbr.com and put out a petition for some local guides. Most people around here keep their trails secret, either because they are on private land or because they are questionable trails on public land. Luckily, a few had pitty on me and invited me along. They said it was because I was from Windrock and they knew it to be steep and rocky there and felt I could handle my own. Plus, they learned I had a shuttle truck to help matter out. But when they asked to see a pic of my shuttle truck to determine if the bribe was worth it, I posted this...


I guess it didn't scare them off.

So Friday I hooked up with a couple of guys and did some trail building. Then Sunday we headed up with our bikes. It rained all night and snowed in the higher elevations. The trails were super tacky about an hour after it stopped raining. The riding was great. I felt it wasn't anything harder than what I had ridden in TN, but they had more fall line trails and less open speed sections than Windrock. But they were still all really great trials. I will try to post up some pics eventually.

Here is what it looked like from up high on sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment